Happy Friday! I have missed a couple of Naming the Good Stuff Friday posts, but life has been so good lately! So I wanted to pop in and share a few favorite things.
1. Easter! Easter is one of my favorite holidays, and this year was really special and meaningful to me. Grace and I dyed eggs (which was not necessarily the meaningful part haha . . . but it was fun!) and they turned out cool, I think!
2. I recently got a chance to go to LA’s Eataly for the first time! I have been to the Eataly locations in New York and Chicago, but not the one in LA until a couple weekends ago. Grace and I went and met my friend Sarah, who was hosting a vodka tasting there (she does some PR work for a vodka company). Once she was done doing the demonstration we all got a bunch of Eataly pizza and it was SOOO good!
3. With it being Springtime, I’ve been super into tending to my plants and even trying to propagate some of them! I am trying to add to my collection while keeping up Grace’s and my financial goals for this first year of marriage, so I got lucky when I found this baby growing outside (so I plucked it and am seeing how it likes living indoors with me):
And, the other day my office building was giving away plants for free for Earth Day! I snagged this cutie and repotted it in our house later:
4. If you read my recent everything-but-the-kitchen-sink bowls blog post, you know how much I love making a whole meal out of a one-dish “bowl.” Well, even since writing that post earlier this month, I discovered a new type of bowl: cottage cheese bowls. I put about a cup of cottage cheese on the bottom and then top it with chopped tomatoes, sugar snap peas, radishes, hard boiled eggs, avocado, sesame seeds, hot sauce, and salt and pepper. SUCH A GOOD LUNCH! Grace and I have been obsessed.
5. Also on the topic of food we love, I have recently transitioned from eating individually-packaged cups of yogurt in the morning to buying a large container of Greek yogurt and making Greek yogurt bowls. They are so much yummier than just eating yogurt out of a cup AND I feel like I am cutting down on how much plastic I use. Win-win!
6. Lately our dogs have been so snuggly and they make our evenings so nice at home. I love them so much!
7. Lastly, Grace and I did something recently that we have never done in over 6 years of knowing each other: we baked cookies together! It was the sweetest night. I know it sounds so simple, but it just made me so happy. We made a basic dough and then added our own extra ingredients - I added dark chocolate chips to my half, and Grace added a swirl of peanut butter to hers. They were both so good but Grace’s were honestly the best out of the two! We also froze some of each kind so we can make more whenever!