Happy Friday! I had an idea recently that I want to implement in the new year (aka, starting now): quick Friday posts “naming the good stuff” from the week. I am one to write lengthy blog posts about trips or our wedding or you name it, so I thought this would be a fun way for me to pop into Have Dog, Will Drive for updates when I don’t have time for a whole in depth post. But I hope to be back with more of those soon, too!
Now onto the Good Stuff from this week:
1. The sunset pictured above. I snapped it (note-while my car was stopped!) one evening this week and it really did take my breath away. I turned off the podcast I was listening to and just stared and gave thanks for it.
2. Speaking of podcasts, this AMAZING podcast has been a breath of fresh air to me lately.
It is about setting goals, but it is also so much more than that. It is faith (Christianity) based so just a heads up if that’s not your thing, but I would say this is my favorite and most inspiring podcast I have ever listened to.
3. My little dog Beanie falling asleep on me tonight after what was a very long day for me. I changed into sweats when I got home and he just started snoozing on my shoulder. Heaven.
4. I don’t have a picture, but I went to Salt and Straw with my best friend a few days ago and got a cone of the vegan Lemon Chevre Cheesecake flavor that’s a limited edition this month. It was so good I am STILL THINKING ABOUT IT days later. I have to go back before the end of January when the flavor is gone!
5. Grace got me a FitBit for Christmas and I love it. I should probably mention, it was one of the things I asked for on my Christmas list I gave her. I don’t want you to think she is not-so-subtly saying I need to increase my steps, haha. Anyway, I have been so into my steps that I decided to walk to the grocery store the other day and it was the best decision ever! The Whole Foods near our house has such parking lot drama-it’s always stressful finding a space. I felt so at peace just breezing through the parking lot and on up into the store on foot. I want to keep doing this all year!
That’s it for me-I hope your week was filled with the Good Stuff, too!