Happy Friday! Even though I’m not the most consistent with it, I love this little tradition of Naming the Good Stuff on Fridays (you can find all my Naming the Good Stuff posts here). There was so much goodness this week. Here are a few of my favorite things from the last few days!
1. Salt and Straw’s new April flavors. I went with my best friend Sarah on Monday and between the two of us, we tried them all—they’re unreal! She ended up picking the Chocolate Rose Petal (with whipped cream) and I got the Wildflower Honey with Ricotta Walnut Lace Cookies. I know they don’t have Salt and Straw everywhere (I think it’s only on the West Coast), but if you live near one, GO try the April flavors this month!
2. The new season of the OA on Netflix
Grace and I watched the first season back in 2016 and it took them three years to release another season. I’ll be honest, we felt a strange pull to finish the first season but we weren’t blown away. And we really did not love the ending of the first season. But now watching the second season, it’s like all the weirdness from season one was WORTH IT because it’s clear there was a big, complex plan for the storyline all along. We are halfway through the second season and loving it (another show we’re watching like crazy right now—The Act on Hulu. So creepy but so good).
3. This photo of Bean in his natural habitat.
He is the weirdest, but cutest, and he constantly makes me laugh. I love him so much!
4. Our power outage candlelit pizza dinner
Earlier this week, we lost power for a few hours and it was so odd because there was no bad weather or anything like that. It was annoying, but it ended up being really sweet because not being able to use electricity in the kitchen to cook, we ordered pizza and had a romantic candlelit Domino’s dinner. It forced us to be present, not watching TV or on a laptop or anything, and it was super sweet. Of course, the power came back on right after we finished the last bite of pizza, haha! If you’re wondering, my go-to Domino’s pizza order is build your own, thin crust, garlic white sauce for the base, mozzarella cheese, and topped with pineapple, mushrooms, and banana peppers. Try it, it’s SO good!
5. On Tuesday night, I had a girl’s night out with my best friend Caroline and it was so much fun.
As I’m getting older I feel like I really cherish that one-on-one time with friends more so than being in a big group (even though that’s always fun too). So I’m grateful we got to go out and catch up!
6. Blogging more! I have finally made more intentional time for Have Dog, Will Drive, and I’m excited about a few posts scheduled to come out and in the works. On Wednesday, I posted about my Winter Bucket List, and next week you can expect posts about a spending challenge I did from January-March and one of my favorite types of meals to make.
7. On Wednesday I got to meet my new “newphew,” GRIFFEY! One of my best friends Sara (not the Sarah I got ice cream with, haha - so many Sara/hs in my life) got a puppy a couple of weeks ago and although Grace met him earlier, I hadn’t yet. He is a dream come true, just the floppiest, sleepiest, sweetest puppy. I am in love. It’s so fun to see your friends become pet parents (and of course real parents, I just don’t have that many friends who are yet), and Sara is doing so great with Griffey!
This picture is honestly a better representation of how my time with him went:
Can’t wait for him to finish up his puppy shots so he can meet our boys!
That’s all for now, hope you have a wonderful weekend!