Looking back at my June goals from the beginning of last month feels pretty strange. Whenever I write monthly goals, I have an awareness that the month might not turn out how I plan, but June 2017 really took me for a ride. I got a few of my goals done (like switching over my health insurance--super necessary and I feel very lucky to have been able to do that so seamlessly, especially these days), but honestly, most of my goals went out the window. I had planned to do a June goal recap and assess my progress, but in the spirit of giving myself grace and still feeling very tender about June and losing Casper, instead I'm going to list my "June Favorites" before moving on to my July 2017 goals.
June 2017 Favorites
- Celebrating West Hollywood Pride for the 4th year with Grace and our amazing friends
- Hosting my rainbow picnic
- Going to a conveyor belt sushi place for the first time (I have always wanted to try one, and I LOVED it)
- Bringing flowers in Casper's memory to the shelter where we adopted him and meeting a couple of volunteers who remembered him
- Meeting our dear friend Sam's new baby Sophie
- Getting my hair cut for the first time in the better part of a year (so ridiculous, I know)
July 2017 Goals
I have a feeling July is going to feel short but so sweet. Grace and I are each going out of town on different weekends, so we only have 2 and a half weekends in the month when we'll both be in town and together. I am going to try to make the most of them!
- Book accommodations for a friend's wedding we're going to be roadtripping to in the fall
- Make an "essentials" plan and budget for Alaska (water, gasoline, non-perishables, Canadian car insurance, etc.)
- Enjoy a family vacation that I could NOT be more excited for in my favorite place on earth--my dad's 60th birthday and the Fourth of July are one day apart, so it worked out perfectly for us to all be together and celebrate
- Use early mornings as a time to exercise, and plan it in advance
- Plan a day trip somewhere we've never been for one of the weekends when we're both in town (one of my Summer 2017 goals)
If you set July goals, I'd love to hear about them! And happy Independence Day this weekend!