I am a little late on October goals--it actually just occurred to me that it's the beginning of the month! The theme of the past few weeks of my life has been BIG changes. And lots more to come! September was the best month of my life so far, but it was very far from a normal month as I wasn't at home for any of it, didn't have a normal routine, and only saw one person (Grace) basically the whole time. I'm excited to get back into a rhythm of my days and have time for being cozy at home this October.
First, how I did on my September goals:
- Be active as much as possible, especially on long car ride days--not the best to be honest. Road fatigue is something I didn't really account for!
- Find ways to serve Grace throughout the trip--I like to think so :) Because Grace was driving all day, we had a system where I would set up camp when we got to our destination and/or unload bags from the car if we were staying at a hotel. It was really important to me that Grace be able to rest right away, and I think we did a good job of balancing the labor involved in such a big road trip.
- Keep up with journaling, reading, and some blogging from the road--I did this decently well, I think.
- Take in moments with my eyes, not just my camera--yes, and I'm proud of that. There were some of the most special moments on the trip where I DIDN'T reach for a camera or phone, and I think the memories are all the more sweet because of it. That said, I'm excited to soon make a huge book of all the photos I took on the trip!
And now for my October goals:
- Start my new job well
- Check a few preliminary things off my wedding planning to-do list
- Become more involved at St. Aidan's
- Make some home/living space changes that I am excited to share more about SOON!
I have a smaller goal list this month, but each one represents some pretty big changes. I hope October treats you well, and thanks for reading Have Dog, Will Drive!