Happy May, friends! I am so happy to be right in the thick of spring, with summer starting NEXT MONTH! Spring is my favorite season closely followed by summer, and springtime colors in LA have not disappointed so far (the pic above is from my backyard, which has blossomed so much lately).
April was a good month. It could have easily felt hectic and overwhelming, but it really didn't because we (especially Grace) were intentional about boundaries and balance. We had houseguests (each of our moms) for two weeks straight and then immediately after that I was in Boston for the better part of a week, so the majority of the month was different than "normal" life for us, which made it go by super fast. That said, I made a ton of wedding progress and at this point there is nothing stressful hanging over my head with wedding planning, which is an amazing feeling! Planning keeps getting more and more fun, because at this point I'm getting to pick out the little details and extra, special, over-the-top stuff, which I have been waiting my whole life for.
There were a few things left undone/pushed to May from my April goals, but overall I feel accomplished from the past month. Here's how I did:
- Have a successful Boston trip--yes! It was really good and important for me for a lot of reasons
- Take my wedding dress in for some minor alterations--made an appointment with a seamstress, taking my dress in next week
- Book all wedding-related transportation--yes! This one was stressing me out, but what I ended up booking seems perfect and affordable so I'm really happy
- Book hair and makeup and schedule a trial so I can see what it will look like for the wedding--yes! I have my trial this coming weekend :)
- Get thank-you cards and start writing them for gifts we've gotten so far--ordered custom thank-you cards, haven't started writing yet (because I haven't received the cards yet) . . . Definitely changing that this coming month
- Finalize vintage furniture rentals and lighting setup at the venue--yes! Deposits paid and plans laid
- Order signage and details for our reception--yep, what did people do before Etsy?!
- Finish booking accommodations for every night of our honeymoon--yes and omg, I am SO EXCITED for our honeymoon. Pinch me
- Finalize all gifts I'm giving at/around my wedding (for my bridesmaids, for my family, etc.)--just a couple of small gifts left to get, but I have gifts for everyone in my family and my wedding party and I can't wait to give them!
- Meet with our officiant to start mapping out how our ceremony will go--not yet, doing that this month. We saw our officiant a few times this month but haven't been able to figure out a time to meet about our ceremony yet
- Do a cake tasting--booked, but haven't gone yet. We are doing our tasting in two weeks
And now my May goals:
- Meet with Rev. Ed (our officiant and dear friend) to plan our ceremony
- Order and design ceremony programs
- Send out our wedding invitations
- Decide on all music and give notes to our band about what types of music we want played at our reception
- Decide on and purchase all details for reception (little things like cake toppers, decorative ribbon, etc.)
- Shop for and purchase our wedding rings (!!)
- Catch up on thank-you cards I need to write
- Blog a home tour (have been wanting to do this for so long and feeling like our house is finally ready!)
- Decide on some additional honeymoon details and gather recommendations (if you have favorite things in Maui and/or Kauai, I'd love to hear them!)
- Shop for and purchase my wedding shoes
- Really soak in being engaged. Only 3 months left!
Wishing you a sweet month!