Hello March! Ahh, the start of spring (in a couple more weeks). I'm a spring and summer girl through and through . . . the way the Internet seems to feel about pumpkin spice lattes, fall foliage, and chunky knit sweaters is how I feel about tulips, Easter, springtime weather, and being able to wear summer clothes (just kidding I live in LA so I can wear them all the time). Spring just lifts my spirits and makes me feel so HAPPY! I've always had a touch (and sometimes, more than a touch) of SAD, and so when it's springtime I get a burst of euphoria along with the longer days and more pleasant temperatures.
March also marks only 5 months until our wedding. I cannot believe it! I'm really proud of all that we've accomplished so far with planning, and I am so excited for everything that will come together this month!
I got a lot done in February, but honestly, it was a rough month for our little home! Grace and I have been sick for over two weeks. I keep thinking I'm better, but I'm STILL sniffling and coughing. It was really a brutal illness--I missed almost a week of work, something I've never done in my life for being sick. Even one of our dogs is sick (unrelatedly). I felt like I was really good about blogging during the first half of the month, but I kind of fell off the map once we were both under the weather.
I'm very excited for what I hope will be a healthier month. I'm also excited about the fact that we have zero travel planned this month! That will not be the case in April, which is exciting, but a month at home sounds sooo nice.
Here's how I did on my February goals:
- Book our florist--yes! She's so cool. Check her out.
- Plan and book my bachelorette weekend--so I decided to have two, one on the East Coast and one on the West Coast, because my life is very bi-coastal. I booked the East Coast one and am still figuring out the West Coast one (less worried about that because it's going to be relatively local)
- Decide on having a hometown bridal shower in Raleigh--yes. To keep things simple, I decided not to do a hometown bridal shower before the wedding. Grace and I might do some kind of hometown party in North Carolina in the fall, after we're married, so that we can celebrate with our grandparents who can't travel to California
- Book shuttle/wedding transportation--tabled until my mom can visit the venue and get a sense for our needs on this front
- Paint my nails or get a mani-pedi if I have time--didn't have time to treat myself to an actual mani pedi (sniffling and blowing my nose mid-manicure probably wouldn't be the best look), but I did paint them myself :)
- Make an appointment with a dog behaviorist to get on a good path with Willie and Bean (as rescues often do, both of them have a few quirks that we want to assess with a professional)--no, but I still really want to do this. We've had a really good month with the dogs and they've both been so sweet and great, so I kind of forgot about this goal, but it's still important and I hope it will happen in March
And here are my goals for March:
- Do my taxes for the first time ever (yep, I've always had my dad do these. But I figure I should probably do them myself at least once as a single filer before I start jointly filing with Grace)
- Decide on our wedding cake
- Book our honeymoon (!!!)
- Make a plan for our premarital counseling with our officiant
- Design and order our invitations
- Plan my mom's visit (in April) and prepare the house
- Make an appointment with a dog behaviorist (carried over from last month)
And there are a few other little goals in my journal that I'm keeping private because they involve surprises :) My favorite!
I hope your month is off to a great start!