Thank you SO much to everyone who took my Have Dog, Will Drive survey! My dream when starting this blog was that I would be able to engage with people and not just write into a vacuum. It was so fun to see where people are reading from, their favorite types of posts, and ideas/requests for new content! That was the most eye-opening part--I got responses of ideas for posts that were really inspiring and that I wouldn't have thought to write myself.
In case it's interesting to anyone else, I thought I would share some of the survey results here! They were overall a really big mix. For example, there wasn't one primary place people are reading from, which I thought was so cool. I got a decent amount of answers from the South and California, but there were also a ton from Europe, the UK, Canada, New England, and the Midwest.
In terms of the types of post people most enjoy seeing, these were consistently the three categories people picked most:
I would say that's pretty representative of my blog content, so that's good! But at the same time, I don't want to stay stagnant here, which is why I LOVED getting so many ideas for new posts. Here's a few that people suggested:
- More dog/road trip content (stick to my roots, got it)
- More thoughts and feelings on life (not sure if you REALLY want that, but I'll give it a shot, haha!)
- A day in the life post (love this idea, will do soon)
- More cooking/recipe posts (though some people also said they don't like that type of post, so I'll try to strike a balance)
- LGBT content
- Wedding planning (new post coming soon)
- Decorating and hosting tips
- What it takes to get a blog started (I'm still learning, but would gladly share what's worked for me!)
- Quick getaways in Southern California
- Organization posts
- Long distance relationships (both family and romantic--I think this is a great idea because I have TONS of experience on both fronts)
- Life in LA
- How faith life intersects with the things I write about
- General lifestyle posts
- Pros and cons of traveling with a dog and how to decide whether or not to bring them
- Tips and budgeting for trips
- A travel post from Willie and/or Bean's perspective (such a cute idea!)
I think these are all such great suggestions and I'm feeling super motivated to get to work on them! My ultimate goal with this blog is to make it helpful and interesting for people, so even though the survey is done, you can ALWAYS contact me with specific questions about road trips or life. You can also feel free to comment with requests for new posts! One of the most challenging parts about blogging is coming up with content that people actually want to read, so I could use all the help I can get and really appreciate getting insight from people. Again, thank you for taking the survey if you did, and you can expect posts in many of the above categories over the next few months!