After a couple of weeks of silence while traveling home over Thanksgiving, being swamped with work, and other happenings, I'm back! I really miss blogging when I get out of the habit. So, as you'll see below, one of my December goals is to be better about that!
Grace and I started off our December with a really fun trip to Palm Springs to celebrate our dear friend Sara's birthday. It was such a short, simple trip, so I've debated writing a separate post about it, but I think I will write one as a companion post to my First Impressions of Palm Springs post I wrote back in May.
Now that I'm back in LA and starting a new week, I figured I would belatedly post my December goals and a recap of my November progress. Without further ado:
- Slowly start being active and incorporating exercise after work on days I'm not working late--honestly, no! Whoops. That's real life.
- Enjoy a sweet time at home with my family in North Carolina later in the month--yes! It was the best, and I even found my wedding dress!
- Celebrate Grace's and my mom's birthdays (2 days apart)--yes.
- Take photos with my real camera--no :( I meant to bring my camera on our Pismo Beach road trip, but I forgot it in the whirlwind of getting out the door. That said, I'm still pretty happy with the (phone) photos I did manage to snap! Check them out in my recap post here.
- Blog five times!
- Finish unpacking from our move (yes, we moved in October. And yet this is still one of the heaviest things on my to-do list, and one of the things I will be proudest about if I actually get it done!)
- Successfully split the Christmas holiday between Grace's family and mine. This will be our fifth Christmas we've been dating (or engaged), but our FIRST Christmas we'll see each other on the actual holiday! We've always spent it separately with our respective families in years past. This year, both of our families will be in North Carolina, and we'll be spending time with both. I can't wait to go to my hometown church's Christmas Eve service together, go to our family friends' Christmas Eve dinner, hang out under the Christmas tree on Christmas morning, and start to make our own little family's traditions.
- Take our photos for our save the date invitations
- Design and order a photobook of our Alaska trip
If you're reading, thanks for sticking with me despite my brief hiatus! I got a few messages over the past couple of weeks asking when I'd blog again, and even though I felt badly that I'd let this little space go dormant, it was so encouraging and flattering that a few people actually wanted me to write more. Thank you! xoxo