I don't normally like to pat myself on the back too much on my own blog--but I am pretty proud of myself this month! I completed (or substantially completed) every goal on my list, which I haven't done in a long time. There's a old saying: "If you want something done, ask a busy person." I feel like that couldn't be more true in my life lately. I'm busier than ever, but I'm also knocking out goals more than ever. It's a good feeling (though I also know I will be very excited for it to all stop on our honeymoon--check out two posts back if you haven't yet, to see where we're going!).
Because I'm feeling like I'm on a roll, I'm trying to pack even more into April. This month, both Grace's and my mom will be visiting us, I'll be spending a week in Boston, we have several venue and vendor visits for wedding stuff, and my goals are kind of bananas to go along with all of it. Later this month will mark only 100 days left until our wedding, so I'm also making a huge push this month to check a ton off my wedding planning list. It's starting to feel so real and I just can't wait for that sweet day.
To recap, here were my March goals:
- Do my taxes by myself for the first time ever--yes! Done & done. Excited for my refund to arrive.
- Decide on our wedding cake--yes. Decided where to get it and our general vision; need to schedule tasting (one of my goals for April, as you'll see)
- Book our honeymoon (!!!)--booked our flights and some accommodations. Our dates are officially set and we know everywhere we want to stay, I'm just waiting to book some things until later this month because $$$. For the most part I'm paying for everything in advance because you often save a ton when you do that! (rather than booking now and not paying until you check in)
- Make a plan for our premarital counseling with our officiant--yes. In case you're curious, here's how it works, at least for us (I had no idea how any of this worked until this past month): we plan out our ceremony with our officiant, i.e., readings, music, what he'll say, etc. Then separately, we meet with an actual therapist (our officiant is a priest, not a therapist) for premarital couples counseling. It's a requirement of the Episcopal Church, just to make sure you're in good shape and on track for a forever marriage! I couldn't agree more that it's super important and worthwhile. We had our consultation with our counselor and like her a lot. We're going to go through several sessions every other week for the next few weeks.
- Design and order our invitations--yes! They are being printed now and I can't wait to see them in person!
- Plan my mom's visit and prepare the house--yep! She gets here in two days and I can't wait
- Make an appointment with a dog behaviorist --yes, we are starting to learn a lot more about what makes our dogs tick and how to make sure we are maintaining harmony in the home. If you can't tell, we are big believers in seeking out help--whether counseling, dog training, etc.--to me it will never be wasted money (as long as you're working with someone you trust).
And now for my April goals:
- Have a successful Boston trip
- Take my wedding dress in for some minor alterations
- Book all wedding-related transportation
- Book hair and makeup and schedule a trial so I can see what it will look like for the wedding
- Get thank-you cards and start writing them for gifts we've gotten so far
- Finalize vintage furniture rentals and lighting setup at the venue
- Order signage and details for our reception
- Finish booking accommodations for every night of our honeymoon
- Finalize all gifts I'm giving at/around my wedding (for my bridesmaids, for my family, etc.)
- Meet with our officiant to start mapping out how our ceremony will go
- Do a cake tasting
I hope you have a wonderful first full month of Spring! xoxo