This season of life doesn’t keep. That’s what keeps running through my head—it’s cliché, but I just cannot believe how fast our engagement has flown by. Our wedding is NEXT MONTH! And because it’s right at the beginning of August, our wedding week actually starts THIS MONTH! What?! I’m feeling overwhelmed by love and so excited for this next chapter. Having two weeks in Hawaii for our honeymoon immediately after our wedding doesn’t hurt, either.
As you might imagine, my goals list for July is stacked. Although I majorly front-loaded wedding planning, there are just some things that can’t be done until roughly a month out. So this month is full of those things. First, a look at how I did on my June goals:
- Get our marriage license (in California, you can get one starting 90 days out from your wedding, and we're well within that now)--yes! Such a special moment.
- Make all wedding-related playlists (as I said above, we have a live band, but we need playlists for getting-ready music in the morning, and also for times when the band takes breaks throughout the reception)--yep
- Touch base with all vendors and schedule meetings as necessary--yes, and met some of our vendors in person for the first time last month, which was great!!
- Decide on our alcohol order for our reception--done
- Check in with our wedding party to make sure everyone has their attire and give wedding weekend details--yes. We have the best wedding party ever
- Order ceremony programs--ordered! Can't wait to see them in person
- Put together some final DIY projects (that I'm keeping a surprise for now)--done & done
- Update our wedding website with a couple of details--done, but need to add one more thing now
- Make a payments schedule for remaining vendor payments--yes
- Finalize honeymoon details + recommendations--yes and I cannot wait to be there
- Enjoy my weekend in Virginia with half of my bridesmaids! (I'm spending a special weekend with the other half in July)--yes and it was SO sweet! I will blog about it for sure!
- Close the chapter on my 101 in 1001 goal list and create a new one: 60 Before 30--yes. Post here.
And now, my July goals:
- Finalize the gift and letter I am giving Grace on our wedding day
- Practice our first dance
- Finalize rehearsal dinner details
- Wrap/prepare all gifts and cards for people who are playing a role in our wedding
- Place alcohol order for delivery to venue and get backup disposable cups in case we run through our glassware at the bar
- Check in with everyone who is giving a toast, doing a reading, or making an announcement at the wedding
- Create/assemble all details and accessories for photographing + signage, etc.
- Backup and clear our all iPhone and DSLR photos to make room for photos of our wedding weekend + honeymoon
- Fully pack for honeymoon + wedding week
- Get guest room and West Hollywood guide ready for visitors staying with us around the wedding
- Nail down details of my bridesmaids luncheon
- Meet with all necessary vendors
- Create seating chart for reception dinner
- Keep up with thank-you notes for wedding gifts
- Schedule some blog posts in advance to publish during our honeymoon
The next time I publish one of these goal posts, we will be only days away from our wedding! Wahoooo!