Happy New Year from Have Dog, Will Drive! I hope you had a safe and meaningful NYE last night (if you're reading this on January 1) and a great start to 2018!
Yesterday, Grace and I went to our favorite beach in Malibu to watch the last sunset of 2017, and then we went over to some friends' house to ring in the new year. It was also our first time taking Bean to the beach! He LOVED it and it was so much fun seeing the beach and ocean through a puppy's eyes.
I want to share a few photos from last night and also some thoughts on 2018 goals generally. I'll probably write a January goals post in the next few days, but for now I'm still working through them.
Rather than strict goals for 2018, I'm setting guideposts and then making those overarching ideas happen through monthly, daily, and weekly goals. Some of my "guideposts" for 2018 are:
- Dream and pray about big, "impossible" ideas
- Celebrate each quarter (4 times a year do something really special to celebrate what I've accomplished in that period)
- Marry Grace in a way that points to what matters most
- Take better care of myself physically, using small steps to start
- Get back to careful budgeting and financial stewardship (I used to be really good about this but have gotten lazy!)
And, a big area of goal setting and achieving for me is in growing this blog! Having only been blogging for 8 months, I'm really inspired and encouraged by the process and I've learned so much. I also have been LOVING reading the responses I've gotten to my Reader Survey! (You can still take it if you haven't already). Thank you so much if you've already taken it. My next post is going to share some of the results I've gotten, which are really interesting and insightful. I can't wait to make 2018 HDWD's best year yet :)
I'd love to hear about your 2018 goals, guideposts, or dreams! And now, back to pictures of doggos and sunsets:
Wishing you a sweet new year with the people and animals you love!