Happy FRIDAY! I’m back with another post Naming the Good Stuff from the week. My intention was that I would have another post or two in between last week’s Friday post and now… but now I’m hoping I’ll have some time this weekend to get ahead with writing.
1. My first good thing from the week is that our camellia tree is blooming (pictured above)! Having a camellia tree in the front yard was a big selling point for me in picking the house we live in now. But it only blooms in winter here, so I’m sooo happy it started blooming this month and is now in full swing! This is the second time it’s bloomed since we’ve lived in our house.
2. I started off this week by going to the dog park with my best friend! The picture above is her holding one of the dogs she babysits. I love our tradition of bringing our dogs to the dog park together at least once a week.
3. Relatedly, I worked from her house on Wednesday and we had three crazy dogs running around while we worked! The picture below is hilarious to me—it looks like Bean and Ziggy (the black and white dog) are gossiping and catching up.
4. I posted about this on my IG story as well, but I made lemon bars this week and they are almost gone already—so good! I used lemons from our tree which made it extra special.
5. This one is kind of random, but I finally set up my printer and enrolled in instant ink! The nerd in me is very excited about this. Instant ink is where you don’t have to remember to buy ink for your printer, it just automatically senses when your printer needs ink and mails it to the address you set up with. It also sends the replacement before you’ll need it, so you never unexpectedly run out. Now that I’m working mostly from home this is clutch!!
6. I hope this isn’t a bombshell or controversial or gross, but our dog Willie is old and kind of incontinent. He is completely potty trained—so it’s not that he’s just willfully going in the house—but he can’t hold it when he’s asleep anymore. I’ll be honest and say that before I had dogs of my own and became a true dog person, the thought of having a dog that had continence issues would be gross and not something I would want to deal with. Now that Willie is my fur child, it literally doesn’t bother me at all. It’s a little sad that he’s getting old but I’m SO happy that we found a great solution:
We have him in diapers (adult human diapers actually—they fit the best) and we got a cute little plaid overall set that holds them up! We had diapers for him but they would accidentally get pulled off in the night if he rolled over and stood up. Now that we have a liner with a little suspender situation for him, they stay on and we have had zero issues! We just take it off in the morning and throw the diaper away. We LOVE this setup so much and Willie seems fine with it too!
I want to do a whole post on this because it’s been a journey. But I’m happy old man Willie is secure and we have been so much more at ease knowing if there’s an accident, it’s alright.
8. Lastly, just a few minutes ago I bought Kim Petras tickets for next month!! Soooo excited!
Hope you have a wonderful long MLK weekend!