It’s been awhile since I’ve done a Naming the Good Stuff post and I miss it! I started this “tradition” as a type of blog post to do on Fridays, but the overall sentiment behind it (just reflecting on what’s been good lately) also feels fitting for the start of a new week, and I’m writing this on Sunday night while I wait for some veggies to roast in the oven :)
1. Number one on my Naming the Good Stuff list is summer veggies! Getting home from the grocery store and breathing in the scent of fresh basil as I unpack grocery bags, and stocking the kitchen with avocados, squash, corn, tomatoes, and green beans is just the best.
2. Next is how cute and snuggly Willie has been lately! He sometimes wants alone time, so when he “chooses” you to cuddle with, it’s sooo cute and special.
In case anyone was missing some Bean content in this post (lol), here’s a mini collage I made of how cute his stubby little legs/paws are.
3. If you follow me on Instagram, you’ve probably seen that I’ve been super into bread making lately! I’m planning on doing a whole post about it, because it’s been so fun. Here are some loafs I recently made:
4. A couple of weeks ago we got some flower arrangements as a gift (actually Grace did), and most of the flowers used ended up drying really beautifully! It’s been the gift that keeps on giving, I’ve just been changing the water out every few days but they’re still going strong.
5. I’m really proud that we FINALLY put together an earthquake kit. I’ve been meaning to do this for literally years, and recent quakes in LA were the motivation I needed to actually get it done.
6. Grace got me a make-your-own neon sign kit, and I used it to make this “cozy” sign for our guest room! I actually rearranged the whole guest room layout, which has been really helpful since it is my office too. I think this corner feels so homey, and I hope our guests do too!
7. I know for some people this one might be a “naming the BAD stuff” item, haha, but I’ve been loving the hot summer weather we’ve had lately! Grace and I have been getting outside a lot, enjoying the dry heat, and drinking iced drinks.
8. We’ve been checking a LOT of things off our Summer Bucket List lately. One of the things on the list was wine nights in our yard, and even though I’m the only one who really drinks wine, I have been loving it!
9. Lastly, one of the things making me happiest right now is that we have three vacations coming up next month!! Neither of us has taken a real vacation all year, and now we have a bunch coming up at once which is so exciting.
Hope you’ve had lots of the Good Stuff in your life lately, too!